Tuesday, October 20, 2009

Inspiration

New in life?
1. I got in a car accident
2. I got my license
3. I am in serious need of inspiration.

So, if you're like me in one out of those three items, here's two of my favorite quotes from Wintergirls by Laurie Halse Anderson. This novel is so beautifully and creatively written that it'll make you want to devise your own artsy sayings and colorful metaphors. You'll want to taste the words as they come pouring onto the page. I swear, it's an amazing tale.

pg. 15 "The snow drifts into our zombie mouths crawling with grease and curses and tobacco flakes and cavities and boyfriend/girlfriend juice, the stain of lies. For one moment we are not failed tests and broken condoms and cheating on essays; we are crayons and lunch boxes and swinging so high our sneakers punch holes in the clouds. For one breath everything feels better."

pg. 16 "When I was a real girl, my mother fed me her glass dreams one spoonful at a time."

As the story continued the writing was just more and more inspiring, however I had a hard time tearing myself away from the novel in order to jot the quotes down. But still, these are two of my favorites.

No comments:

Post a Comment