Wednesday, October 7, 2009

Buffalo, I Love You

I can't officially announce the winner here of course, but I can tell you that there was a clear winner. Why? Because hardly anyone submitted and those that did barely could follow the rules. It was sad to see and frustrating that we couldn't do much about it since the deadline had already been extended.

I've run into this problem before as President of the English Club at SUNY Brockport. Either people really just don't care, they got too busy, or the prizes weren't good enough. I'm not sure what was the case here but I think Artvoice.com did plenty of marketing for the event from one of their hard copy issues, to a link on their website, to constant mentions in their Facebook and Myspace statuses. I'm not really sure if they just weren't hitting the target audience or if those who truly wanted to submit just got lazy or busy.

I was thinking about submitting because I wanted to show my love for Buffalo from my new city of Rochester. I wanted to show that I wasn't a complete traitor and that no city makes me feel like B-Lo. There's a kind of pride there that just can't be replicated. We know Football, Baseball, Lacrosse. We know the arts. We know snow. We know how to drink and party. We know music and disappointment. We know how to fight for what we want and continue our loyalty even when someone screws it all up. We can handle loss but we're still proud to say we're from Buffalo.
So here's a few pictures of what I wanted to incorporate into my video in an attempt to show my love for Buffalo:Here's my collection of playbills and some tickets from all the shows I've seen at Shea's. Amazing performance every time.

Here's 2 of my Bisons bobbleheads. I love when they give these out at the games!
This is my 716 shirt to show my pride of my area code/hometown. :]

This is a Buffalo pin I have so I can always carry a little piece of my hometown with me.



**Shea's Playbills:
The King and I
The Nutcracker
The Wizard of Oz
Grease
Stomp
Mamma Mia
Les Miserables
The Producers
Beauty and the Beast
Phantom of the Opera
Wicked
Rent
Radio City: Christmas Spectacular with the Rockettes
The Lion King
The Color Purple
The 25th Annual Putnam County Spelling Bee

Thanks mom for taking the time and money to show me all of these wonderful productions!

No comments:

Post a Comment