Wednesday, October 14, 2009

Two of my favorite characters are named Max

What if they're wrong
What if there isn't talent tattooed
under my fingerprints?
What if inspiration doesn't lie
in my veins
but lies from their mouths instead?

What's the truth but a fabrication
with collaborating
witnesses and pictures
construed to deceive you further
and branch your mind
pushing those hopes high.

Mistakes are made when you lose yourself
in daydreams
and future plans.
Mistakes are made when you're made to believe
rather than conceive.
Make it on your own-follow your own path-walk to the beat of your own drum
yet sheep walk among us
and threaten us to fit
in. Don't dare to achieve
don't dare to succeed.
Climb that ladder
and they'll cut the rungs
and leave you at the top
with nothing but your DNA.

How's that for humanity?


I've been re-watching Dark Angel lately and it got me thinking about how DNA makes you "all you can be." Which reminds me of my favorite character from Roswell: Max Evans. Besides the fact that he's extremely hot, he also had a different genetic makeup. I wonder if there's anything special in my genes to make me all I can be in life. I wonder if this is it for me. I wonder if I'll ever accomplish my dreams, or even what they are anymore. It's gotten harder and harder to dream in the past few years. I feel like I know what life is like and I can't ever get past the initial conception. If there's more for me I hope I can motivate myself to half-dream it and half-earn it. I wouldn't want it any other way.

Stay warm; put those Artvoice paper copies in the fire and turn to www.artvoice.com for all your Buffalo information.

No comments:

Post a Comment