Wednesday, November 4, 2009

One of those days...

You ever have one of those days where everything annoys you?

Take today for instance, I woke up and heard the dogs whining (who I am watching for a week while my mom is in California). That was annoying because I had to get up earlier (like 6:20 instead of 6:30, but when you're exhausted ten minutes can mean the world) and take them out. Then I bring them back in, get changed, and notice they went to the bathroom in the living room. Fuck. Now I have to clean that up, eat an eggo quick, and run out the door.

Now I'm also annoyed because I have to drive and I hate driving. Get to work, there aren't that many shelves to do, almost seems like a waste of time for me to go in. I then keep myself busy for a few hours. Get back on the road to go home and no one wants to do the speed limit!

Why am I the only person that understands you'll get a ticket for going 10-15 miles over? Sure, 5 miles is fine (although during my 5-hour course she said you could get a ticket for going even ONE mile over!). So everyone is racing by me per usual and I decide I should merge over to the middle lane since my lane just became an exit only. I look at my blind spot and in all the appropriate mirrors, slow down because the car in that lane is going the speed limit (nice truck) and then am halfway over when a red car zips out of nowhere and proceeds to go through the middle lane and then the left lane, no turn signals in sight. Like, what the fuck, if you're going to turn use the signal. It's there for a reason. So not only am I scared to merge now because he came out of nowhere, but now a truck is coming up behind me and the truck infront of that is going too slow for me to merge over. I'm stuck in the exit only lane. No big deal, except I get off and don't know where I'm going.

I take a series of wrong turns and then finally pull over only to realize that when I switched cars with my mom I brought the gps in the house and don't have it with me. I call Ravee for directions and by that time I already frustrated and sick of driving so I don't have the patience for small talk. To make a long story short, I almost get killed like 10 times, I end up at the zoo. I have to turn around to get back, I go down what I thought was a street but turns out to only be the entrance to a parking garage, and no one in the city wants to go 30 or let me ahead of them.

Get home, still pissed that the insurance lady has never called me back with the quote for how much my totaled car is gonna get me. Why do I have to do everything? I had to get it towed, and find rides for me and Ravee, had to call to get it inspected, had to call both insurance companies with information, had to clean out the car and take the plates off and get it towed to a junkyard. Had to pay the towing company and drive back to Henrietta to get the money from the junkyard. Had to drive to Buffalo by myself to sign the paperwork and pay for a new car. Had to print out new registration forms and mail the license plates to my mom and get the police report and fucking keep hounding this lady to get with the program. Had to drive back to Batavia to get my new car, and pay for collision, and get everything transferred over, and get this car inspected twice. All this lady has to do is call me back. And she can't even do that.

Does she not understand that two people are sharing one car for three jobs and four classes? It's a little nerve-wrecking.

So yep, annoyed about all of that and now the knitting I was working on just got unraveled and I have to finish like 14 rows all over again.

Seems like one of those days I should just call quits and head to bed. Only tomorrow I'm working both jobs and won't have this free time.

No comments:

Post a Comment