Tuesday, November 17, 2009

Future of the Blog

So I was thinking about what the shape of this blog should be. We all know my life isn't fascinating enough to constantly keep Michaela's Voice updated on it. Besides, it wouldn't affect a ton of people. What could affect people is what I read. I have a pretty extensive library of books and and even bigger list of books I want to read. Have a request? Send it in! I'm going to start reviewing what I read, writing down what I see selling at Barnes and Noble, and even some suggestions that I overhear.

Keep in mind that it's mainly going to be young adult. It's what I love to read, what I can relate to, and what I want to write. I figure if my writing career never pans out (and for it to be successful I'll have to actually get writing one of these days) I'll always have reading. I've always loved to read ever since I first learned how. I spent hours a day reading. I read one book in the morning on my way to school and another book on my way home in elementary school. You couldn't pry chapter books away from me in middle school. And I devoured young adult lit like it was Halloween candy in high school. So you can pretty much put your money on there always being a book in my bag.

First Review to keep an eye out for: Glass by Ellen Hopkins. This is my first Hopkins' book in preparation for the Teen Lit Festival in Rochester May 15th. It's crazy how excited I can be about something months away but if you look at the list of attending authors below you'll see why.

Greater Rochester Teen Book Festival
May 15, 2010
Nazareth College
Authors:
Laurie Halse Anderson (<3)
Coe Booth
Robin Brande
Kay Cassidy
Marissa Doyle
Simone Elkeles
Ellen Hopkins
Patrick Jones
James Kennedy
A.S. King
Daniel Kirk
Alisa Libby
E. Lockhart (<3)
Barry Lyga
Mari Mancusi
Lisa McMann
Ben Mikaelsen
Alyson Noel
Sarah Ockler
Matt de la Pena
Lisa Schroeder
Jennifer Smith
Terry Trueman
Vivian Vande Velde
Martin Wilson


Two of these authors are on my favorites list but I plan on reading at least a little of everyone else's work before the big day to prepare. Stay tuned for some reviews on what I read.

No comments:

Post a Comment