Friday, April 1, 2011

EXCITING NEWS!

Okay, it's not a new book review or even really anything interesting about my life.

HOWEVER, I'm pretty fucking excited about this. Do any of you remember the Sweet Valley series by Francine Pascal?

No?
Sweet Valley kids?
Sweet Valley Twins
Sweet Valley Twins & Friends
Sweet Valley Junior High
Sweet Valley High
Sweet Valley High: Senior Year (by far the best one)
Sweet Valley University
And then about a million other random books where they had Christmas specials and stories from past generations and Liz went to England...

But anyway, my point is, I was IN LOVE with these books. I couldn't get enough. I own a ton of them. In fact when I was selling a majority of my books (75 percent of them sadly enough) when I moved out of my house, I just couldn't sell these. I got rid of most of them just because I don't see myself reading about ten-year-olds again in the near future, but I definitely kept the Senior Year ones. I don't think you understand.

Francine Pascal is why I want to be a writer.

She's AMAZING.

She also wrote the Fearless series. I can't even explain how good those are. I definitely own all of them. I highly recommend them if you're looking for a lot of adventure and a little bit of romance.

But before I forget why I started this post here it is:

Sweet Valley Confidential
Brand new book featuring Elizabeth and Jessica Wakefield ten years later. Unfortunately there are some bad reviews up on the website already, but people deal with nostalgia differently. I'm still excited to see how everything turns out for the twins. Check back for my review after I read it!

No comments:

Post a Comment